Prior to moving to Oahu, we assumed we'd just be taking the kids to the beach everyday—easy peasy, it's free, problem solved. While swimming in the blue waters of Hawaii infinitely feeds the soul more than shuttling everyone around in the car — priorities fluctuate and day-to-day happenings interfere. By land and sea, there are plenty of activities for keiki in Hawaii, they just vary by availability on each island. The following are specific to Oahu:
- League Sports: Soccer, football, basketball, volleyball and tennis to name a few.
- Skateboarding, BMX, keiki parkour, martial arts, gymnastics, golf, and ice hockey .
- On the water: Youth sailing, water polo, surfing, swim team, outrigger canoeing and fishing.
- Bricks 4 Kidz: LEGO & S.T.E.M based after school enrichment program
- Children's Theater Classes
- Children's Art Classes
- Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts
- Hula lessons or other dance lessons
- Music lessons
Let us know what activities you're most interested in!
Share your questions or experiences with us here, especially if you are already living in the islands.